We Are Seeking An Event Director in Atlanta!
We are seeking a part-time coordinator for our Atlanta events! You will be trained side-by-side with our founder who has grown this from nothing into a 30,000+ person organization, in four cities, over the last 7+ years. She will share everything she’s learned with you along with NU40’s team to take it over and continue to build it in Atlanta!
What’s Network Under 40 all about?
We exist at the intersection of friendship and business. We understand that we live in a connection economy and the foundation to success in career and personal life hinges on authentic relationships with real people. We are about mixing business and pleasure, throwing out the conventional wisdom that says you have to change who you are to ‘be professional’. Instead, we encourage you to be real, to have fun, and to cultivate meaningful relationships around social activities
Sound like brand values you can get behind?
This position will be responsible for things like:
- Venue sourcing, scouting & booking
- Find and book in town venues for 200+ guests (with parking, suitable layout, food, beverage options, etc)
- Venue site visits and walkthroughs during business hours before each event
- Communicate clearly with venue staff to negotiate use of their space, get all pertinent event logistics hammered out, obtain their marketing materials (photos and logo), and share that effectively with our in-house support team
- Clear and quick communication with operations team to handle logistics & marketing
- Be our on-site event host during every event
- Arrive by 4pm to the event venue (1 event/month, typically on the second Thursday)
- Stay until the event is complete (typically 9:30pm)
- Be the point person for the venue, vendors, NU40 team, and guests
- Check in with featured sponsors and non-profit
- Oversee the ambassador team
- Mingle around the room, connect guests to one another, look out for folks who are disengaged or need help
- Keep an eye on customer experience (room temperature, noise levels/music volume, parking challenges, bar or food lines you can, etc which you can mitigate)
- Keep all event materials with you between events to bring to each event
- Complete post-event obligations the day after an event
- Follow up emails to interested sponsors, ambassadors, non-profits, etc
- Share any feedback on the venue, team, etc with NU40 support staff
- Obtain paid sponsors (optional)
- Interview and select ambassador team every 6 months
- A people-person
- A connector
- Respond to emails within a max of 24 business hours
- Reliable and responsible
- Loves events
- Knowledgeable of the city and it’s venues
- Flexible schedule
If this screams your name and you’re serious about the role, then we would love to learn more about you. We’re excited to connect!
*This is a paid 1099 contract position with a time commitment of 8-12 hours a month