Network Under 40 is coming to your city! That means we need a vibrant leader who is well-networked, loves to bring people together, and wants to spend a few hours a week building their personal and professional brand. Did we mention you can also make some good money on the side?
NU40 exists at the intersection of friendship and business. We understand that we live in a connection economy and the foundation to success in career and personal life hinges on authentic relationships with real people. We are about mixing business and pleasure, throwing out the conventional wisdom that says you have to change who you are to ‘be professional’. Instead, we encourage you to be real, to have fun, and to cultivate meaningful relationships around social activities. Check out this video to learn more: https://goo.gl/wdgXck
You will be the face of NU40 in your city. As you help build NU40, you will also be building your own brand! You will be responsible for things like:
- Building an engaged and passionate local community
- Creating word-of-mouth marketing buzz
- Finding venues
- Creating local partnerships
- Booking vendors (photo, video, etc)
- Developing an ambassador team
- Securing both paid sponsors and featured nonprofits
- Attending and running your local events
You will be supported by the NU40 HQ team and will receive ongoing coaching. We’ll provide marketing, communications, operations, branding, sponsorship, accounting, and financial support so you can concentrate on creating great events. We even handle many of the details and logistics once they’re booked and handed off to us. You will get to collaborate with a national team of well-networked event directors, and will get monthly group mentoring from founder and serial entrepreneur, Darrah Brustein. You will also receive PR support from NU40 HQ who has landed us in publications like Forbes, Inc, Entrepreneur, CNN, and Mashable, among others.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Organized self-starter
- Event production experience (Ideal but not required)
- Comfortable selling sponsorships (contacts with potential sponsors a plus)
- Strong network of Under 40 influencers and doers in your local community
- Pro at organizing people and communicating clearly
- City Expert — You should be plugged into local restaurant and event venues
- Flexible schedule
- Operate as a 1099 contractor
- Sign a 2-year commitment
This is a paid part-time contract, approximately 10 hours per week.
If this screams your name and you’re serious about the role, then we would love to learn more about you. We’re excited to connect!